1. Green tea is a super fat fighter. Its active ingredient, EGCG, it increases the rate at which fat is burned in your body.
2. It targets belly fat. Research shows green tea speeds up weight loss by 77% in the abdominal area.
3. It keeps energy stable by balancing blood sugar levels. EGCG improves insulin use in the body to prevent blood sugar spikes and crashes that can result in fatigue, irritability, and cravings for unhealthy foods.
4. Research shows it may be helpful against lung cancer. In an April 2010 a study published in Cancer Prevention Research, EGCG was found to suppress lung cancer cell growth.
5. It may halt colorectal cancer. In numerous other studies, EGCG appears to inhibit colorectal cancers.
6. More research shows that EGCG stops prostate cancer cells from forming. A March 2010 study in Cancer Science indicated that EGCG aids the body by causing prostate cancer cells to die.
7. It may prevent skin damage and wrinkling. EGCG appears to be 200 times more powerful than vitamin E at destroying skin-damaging free radicals. Free radicals react with healthy cells in the body, causing damage so lessening their numbers may help reduce wrinkling and other signs of aging.
8. It contains a potent antioxidant that kills free radicals. Because it is a potent antioxidant it can positively impact a lot more than skin cells. Free radicals are increasingly linked to many serious chronic illnesses like arthritis, diabetes, and cancer.
9. It tastes good. If you’re not wild about the flavour, try a few different kinds. Try it iced or hot. Add some of the natural herb stevia to sweeten it if you want a sweeter drink.